Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Birthday Party

I think Marin has officially had her first "real" little girl birthday party, and it was super cute.  She had three little friends there, and they were all doing their thing, such four year olds!  I told myself I wasn't going to make a lot of food and overwhelm myself with being stuck in the kitchen, which I accomplished, but I think I overwhelmed myself with everything else!  With helping four 4-year olds decorate pizzas and run them inside to to bake and play games and hand out prizes and help with drinks and fruit and veggies and cutting the pizza and blowing on the pizza and helping them to eat the pizza.  Oh my goodness, I don't think I talked to one adult the whole time!  Thank goodness the party was only 90 minutes.  I was exhausted at the end, phew!!

Here are the cute little girlies!  And then the cupcakes in the second picture, with strawberry frosting, Marin's request.  And then the little pizza's in the third picture (sorry it's sideways); I bought some pizza dough and let the girls decorate their own little pizzas, it was super cute and they LOVED it....getting them to actually *eat* it was a totally different story.
 Little Owen partying with Grandad and his own slice of pizza.
 Blowing out her candles!!!
 Funny girl, she was so embarrassed when we were singing to her!
 Handing out party favors!
 My happy birthday girl.
 We played a game called "Give Princess Violet a Hand".  I drew a little princess and had the girls try to tape them on without looking.  Almost like pin the tail on the donkey.

 Drinking strawberry lemonade!


 Owen trying to get in on the action.
The party was exhausting, but totally worth it and waaay fun!  I'm so glad we were able to have a party for Marin, she scored some super cute gifts including a bike from mom and dad, a helmet and shoes from bestemor, some games and crafts from grandma and grandpa, a necklace, some little toys, a gorgeous quilt from Sallie and more. 

No comments: