Friday, August 24, 2012

Owen-Up!

This little buddy spent this last Sunday in NURSERY!!  His very first nursery experience now that he is 18 months old, and he seemed to do pretty well.  I love my sweet babies, but I don't really do the whole clingy-child thing, I want them to love me, but be able to be adaptable and be without me for a few hours, I think it's a healthy thing on both sides. 


I can't believe my little Owen is 18 months!  He is growing so FAST, it blows me away.  Some of Owen's latest things include:

*Climbing *everything*, chairs, tables, cribs, beds, stools, bathtubs, bookshelves, you name it, he will climb it.  And it's exhausting!
*Owen says a handful of words: Mama, dada, dog, baba (for bottle), pizza, shoes, no.  He doesn't say a lot, but I can hear him trying to sound out words, and I remember with Marin that her vocabulary just *exploded* one day, so that's what I'll look for with Owen. 
*Follows commands very well and helps put books away, put his diapers in the garbage, sits on his bottom when I ask.
*When he's hungry, he'll climb up into his high chair and whimper until mommy gets him some food.  It's pretty cute.

Both of the kids had their check-ups today and are healthy and growing!  

Owen
24.5 pounds, 30th percentile (good progress with the goats milk, up 10%). 33.75 inches, 86th percentile.

Marin
32.2 pounds, 26th percentile (she lives in this percentile).  40.5 inches 68th percentile.

1 comment:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Sooooo sweet! And COULD he look any more like his daddy?? :D