Sunday, July 26, 2009

Je T'adore, ma cherie. . . .

Ahhh, this morning Kris and I had a long talk about our eventual trip to Paris, and we were both getting really excited! The thought of strolling along the streets of Paris, eating croissants and cheese and smelling other people drinking wine. . . :) The thought still makes me delirous wth excitement. We would love to take a dinner cruise and enjoy the sights by night, then travel to Nice and enjoy the ocean breeze and lay on the beach. We would also really like to take an overnight train to Norway and visit Kris's family there. I haven't had a chance to meet so many of them, and this would be such a wondeful thing, and of course check out the family's stomping grounds! WAY FUN! I get excited just thinking about getting to speak what very little French I know (even though as a tourist, I would sound like an idiot!). We are still adding to our Paris Fund, little by little, and we will need to hunker down even more to make it happen, but it's close :)

If you don't know already, Marin's birthday is close on the horizon! I cannot believe my little girl is almost one, that just amazes me that we all made it! Marin has been, all thins considered, just a joy this past year. She has been such a good baby and I get nervous thinking about what kind of children the future holds for us, Marin has set the bar pretty darn high. Anyway, after months of hemming and hawing, I have decided what to do for her birthday. A potluck. That's right, a potluck. I debated long and hard about it and knew I didn't want a giant party and have to spend tons of money to buy food and have no one show up, or make it myself and have no one show up, so a potluck is solution. I jut want a fairly small gathering to wish her a happy birthday. And it will not be a day long affair either, a couple of hours, so my frineds and their babies can get back to their lives and naps and whatever else they need to do. I was able to download an invitation from the internet and print it off, so now I just need to personalize it, make copies and send it out! Nice! I am debating about whether or not to make Marin's cake, you know, the one for her that she can make an absolute mess out of. I guess I could buy it, but I need the challenge, right? We'll see, I don't have anything to decorate it, so I'll need to buy a few gadgets I guess. I also need to plan a few games for our older guests, so I'll be looking for ideas!

My family photo album project is turning into quite a project. I have been sorting through sooo many photos! I have over 650 photos, just from August to December of last year! Not to mention how many I have from THIS year. Ugh, what a job, it is taking a while, but I know that once I get them onto shutterfly, I can have my fun and start creating!

So, I was chatting with my friend from the ward the other day, her baby just turned one this month, and she told me that she is training for a half marathon. I was absoluly shocked! She is not a runner at all, but she told me she had been getting up at 4:30 in the morning to run. I was really impressed, (and I told her she looked great, which she did), and it got me thinking. . .. Maybe I could run one too? I haven't decided on anything yet, but my wheels are turning. The concept of running 15 miles seems do-able enough, at my best when I was single and running 3 times a week, I could do 5 miles. The part that just kills me is that I would be running for close to three hours! It just seems as though there is something really wrong with running for almost 3 hours! I told Kris he could drive to Mesquite (a solid hour away), visit with his friends for 45 minutes and drive back, and I would still be plugging away! Crazy. I really need to talk myself into this one, but the challenge would be a big one, and I know it would be worth it.

Well, I have tried to load this video three times, and it's not loading. We bought Marin a new toy and she likes it. I'll try again tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Ben's sister and her husband did a half-marathon in December. They trained 4 or 5 months just to do it. It's pretty rigorous, but I think you could do it if you could stick to the training schedule. You go girl!

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I'm all caught up! I love the cooking/recipe ideas on the right column, by the way. I didn't know that flour/butter needed to emulsify before going into the white sauce (so THAT explains it!!)! I read about once a week, but am lucky to do that... I don't comment as much as I used to, sorry!!

And! Happy THIRD anniversary in a couple of weeks! (I forgot to call on your dad's birthday, so I'm making sure to cover bases, ha ha) Love you guys!