Friday, March 18, 2011

Aaaaa, Bbbbb, ........?

Marin and I have recently been working on recognizing letters, and while she has been able to sing her ABC's for over a year now, learning what the letters look like is a different story!  The other day I pointed to 'A' and said "Aaaa".  Then 'B'...and I said "beee".  Then I paused and looked at Marin expectantly and waited for her to say 'C'.  She paused and looked at the letter, and looked back at me and said: "Twelve.".  We have a ways to go.

Yesterday she was playing with some special play-dough Grandma and Grandpa gave her, it has impressions in each lid she can press the dough into and make shapes, she likes to make animal shapes and show mommy.





 Is this not the CUTEST little face?!  She is such a sweet girl.  We have to have her say 'happy' instead of 'cheese' when we take pictures, we more of a smile that way ;)
Last night in the car, she say's; "I'm a big sister, mama, thank you!".  What a sweetie, she loves her little brother.  And speaking of little brother, I did a weight check on him this morning, and he was 10pounds 3ounces!  That little bugger has put on 5 ounces in 2 days!!  What a little piggy!

2 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Those pictures are oh-so-sweet!

Tabitha said...

So fun reading all your updates! I need to get some updating done myself ...