Friday, November 21, 2008

Would you like some chicken to go with your garlic salt madame?

Well, yesterday turned out to be quite an intersting day for culinary...*cough* creations? In the morning, Kris made me breakfast, the sweetie! He made me some Eggo Waffles :) and scrambled eggs, with "fresh pepper". It was really quite cute. I started to eat my eggs and noticed that instead of pepper, I was eating poppyseeds! Kris wanted to make sure he used the "fresh" pepper, and had grabbed the jar of poppyseeds instead. Oh well, they were delicious ;)

For dinner last night we had some chicken fajitas, and as I was cooking the chicken, I went to spinkle on the garlic salt, and opened the wrong side of the top, and out came nearly half of the large 16 oz container of garlic salt onto my poor unsuspecting chicken strips. I had to scrape out the pan and rinse of each strip, an even then, it was still pretty potent, but tasty!

And for my final trick! This one actually turned out great. I needed to use up a couple of small avacado's last night. They were too little to make guacamole, so I decided to make a tomato and avacado relish, and it was soooo yummy! And what makes me so proud of myself, is that it's completely original! Not from any cooking show or cookbook! All made up by myself! So, if you want to give it a shot. . . here it is:

Avacado Tomato relish:
-2 small avacados, cut into small/med chunks
-1 med tomato, cut into small/med chunks
-2 TBS cilantro, fresh or or 1TBS dry
-1 TBS lemon juice
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp chili powder
-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
-1 TBS honey
-1 tsp garlic salt
-salt and pepper to taste
*Combine and put on burritos, fajitas, browned chicken.

Oh and. . . . Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to work we. . . WAIT? Today was supposed to be my first day back to work. . . hooray. I have been pumping myself up for weeks now, trying to get excited? Maybe? Ok, more so I can keep from crying and breaking up over the fact I have to leave my little girl, and not get one glimpse or sound or sniff of her cute wriggly little chubby body, for 14 hours! I know it's only 2 days a week, but my poor mama heart is just breaking. Anyway. I had my stuff all packed and ready to go, my breastpump, my lunch, my work stuff. Kris got up with Marin last night and my alarm went off at 5:05 this morning, and the hospital had called and put me on standby! That means they don't need me to come in right now, but should they need me later in the day, I have to come in. Basically, I can't go far :) And, to top it off, I get compensated a whopping $3.00 and hour to sit by the phone and wait anxiously for their phone call (generous, I know). No calls yet though :) (Don't tell anyone I smiled at that thought).

Kris is off to another interview with the University of Phoenix right now, things have been going well, so hopefully . . .

And picture time!
Here is our little bald cutie in her rolley thing.

Tummy time under her jungle gym. She really doesn't like tummy time, so it usualy lasts all of 2 minutes, but nonetheless! Tummy time is Tummy time!

One of Kris's former co-workers bought us the cutest winter outfit, with a little hat. And it would't be a complete outfit if Marin didn't drool on it, see it hanging from her chin?

Here's her outfit!

And I have officially been crapped on. That's right. Yesterday she was standing on my lap/belly while I was sitting, and Kris asked me if Marin spat up on me, and I said no. And she didn't. Then I looked down at my shirt, and saw a nice big pool of quite effervescent orange goo. Then I looked at her leg and saw it continuing to spill down onto my clothes. Yuck! Kris whisked her away and up into the bath, and I was left to figure out how to remove my gooey shirt without smearing baby poo all over face . Ahh the joys of motherhood! I still love my little girl though ;)

Here is a pic of the shirt! You can see it on my pants too. So gross.



This was the other night, Marin was sitting with some help from daddy, and looking at Kitty cat! It was really cute.



This was my favorite picture! She was getting ready to try and grab her, and Sadie was sniffing Marin's slobbery fingers.









That's all folks! Have a good one!






1 comment:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

THOSE pictures are ADORABLE! I know I always say that, but it's always true... well, except for poopy mama pictures, ha ha. I wasn't very clean before I had kids, but now? It's thousands times worse... I am NEVER clean, always having at least a peanut-butter-and-jelly handprint at all times. :)

My favorite picture was the standing up winter outfit... until I saw the picture of the kitty sniffing Marin's fingers. So cute!