Monday, November 24, 2008

Bodies will be rolling. . . . well almost.

Monday, Monday, la la, la la la la la. Just bumming around today, nothing in particular. Kris and I went to the gym this morning, and I hopped on the treadmill to run my little (*ahem*) legs off. I went for about 2 miles, (in a shameful 30 minutes)
before I had to cut it back to a walk. But, a run is a run, no matter how slow it may be ;)

Wednesday is back to work! I think! I AM kind of excited to do something that get's me out of the house, but I know I'll miss my little girl. :( That's ok, she'll get to hang out with daddy all day! It'll be good for Kris, he's a great dad, but there is something to be said about what it's like to get up during the night with a baby and then be an "everything" during the day. Doing everything, singing everything, changing everything, burping, feeding, all with a smile on your face. It's a lot of work as any mom can attest to, even with just one baby!

Some new developments with the little squirt. She is trying DESPERATELY to roll over. She tries sooooo hard! I put her under her jungle gym and she arches her back and pushes with her feet while she swings her arm really fast over to the other side. She can't quite make it yet though. She doen't know what to do with that pesky 2nd arm, and that rather large noggin of hers presents a very heavy challenge! It's really cute to watch her try sooooo hard, she just keeps on trying, and then has a finger sucking snack in between:) You'll see in the pictures.

And, as I think I have mentioned, one of the things I love about my little Marin is her double chin, who doesn't love a chubby baby? Her little double chin has a little friend! A nice red rash! Yuck, poor girl! Kris noticed it when she was sitting in his lap and looking up at me. It was tucked waaaaay up there behind the third fat fold, and we had to pry her head up to get a good look at it (which she complained about quite loudly by the way). I cleaned it out and slapped some hydrocortisone cream on it. We'll see how it is tomorrow.

Ok, picture time!

This is after mama help her roll onto her tummy.
Here is our little acrobat hoping to squirm her way onto her belly.

Her head is so big. I say it so much, but look at it! No wonder she struggles to roll over!

We sat her up in the boppy so she can learn to sit on her own, she likes to try and stand, so she'll push herself waaaay back and we have to sit her up again. A total candid shot here, she's starting to look like a little person!

That's it for now!



No comments: