Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pilates for post-preggo pudgies

This morning I was supposed to go to my pilates class at the Y (YMCA), but after baby went down for her nap, I fell asleep, until 10:30! That's when my class started! Ahh well. I put in one of my Winsor Pilates DVD's and worked my pudgy buns and thighs until they were screaming for mercy (and air!). I have been doing pilates for about 6 years, and getting back into it has been. . . painful. Let's hope we'll see some results though :) Today I put on a pair of jeans Melodie gave me (I brought them back from Utah) and while I can't button them, I can zip them and put a belt on! I must say though, Marin's nap this morning was a 3 hour one, and sleeping in, was WONDERFUL!

Tonight was the recipe swap at my house with the relief society. It was really fun! I got to do a demo and show everyone how to make chocolate eclairs, one of my favorites. Yum! They told me I should have a show like Rachel Ray! Such nice women :) Here's the recipe. . .

Chocolate Eclairs (SOOOO EASY!)

*The Pastry Dough:
-1 cup water
-1 stick of butter
-1/8 tsp salt
-1 cup flour
-4 eggs
>combine water, salt and butter in saucepan and melt butter, bring mixture to a boil (Med high heat). Reduce heat to low Vigrously stir in flour all at once. This will look scary and lumpy, but keep stirring until mixture forms a ball that kind of slides around inside of pan.
>transfer your slippery dough ball into your kitchen-aid mixing bowl, let cool for at least 5 minutes, with paddle attachment, add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one and scraping down sides of bowl when necessary. DON'T OVERBEAT! Mix this until the mixture sticks to the sides of the bowl and looks smooth.
>You're ready to bake! Take a gallon size ziplock bag, cut a corner off and spray the inside with ccooking spray. Fill with the doughy stuff. On greased cookie sheets, pipe a line about 3 inches, double back on top of that line, and then back again. So you'll have a very flat, squished "S" shape, I guess it looks like a duck. too.
>Bake at 400* for 35 minutes, remove, and cut a little slit in the top. Reduce oven heat to 375, bake again for another 10 minutes. Use your judgement, pull them out if they are getting too brown on top.

*let them cool, fill with nice thick chocolate pudding, or chocolate mousse if you're ambitious. Frost with some nice ganache frosting and ENJOY!

Someone try the recipe and let me know how they turn out!

Picture time!

This was this morning, little girl was sleepy again, but I want to take some pics with her, so here we are!
I love to kiss he fuzzy little head, it always smells good:)




Yesterday, helping dad on the computer.


Bathtime! She LOVES LOVES LOVES her bath! Look at that little Buddah (Buddha?) belly!




I love this pic, she has the funniest expression on her face!







No comments: