Thursday, May 23, 2013

Last Day

I can hardly believe that Marin had her last day of Preschool today!  What a big girl!!  She has done a great job this year, and is doing an amazing job with being on her way to reading, I am just so proud of her.  Her social skills have positively bloomed since she has been in school, and that means so much to me as a mom.  I have LOVED her school, Discovery Preschool.  They combine the perfect blend of learning and fun and creativity, so it's not just all academia...which personally, I think is silly for such tiny kids.  I hear mom's brag about their kids reading at such a young age, and I don't know...something in me says "Hey, doesn't this kid have another 20+ years of school ahead of them?", I just think little kids need to be able to be kids while they learn, that's just me.

Last night, Marin and I made some cute Thank-You gifts for her teachers, and they turned out great.  Some Sharpie's that I wrapped in ribbon and stashed into a cool summer cup and labeled with "Thanks for coloring our lives and making us Sharpies.".


 Here she is on her last day giving daddy a big wave!


I am just so proud of my big girl.  I know now why my dad used to tell me when I was little that he was going to put a brick on my head.  I tell Marin the same thing!  She will be in Kindergarten this fall, wow!  So grateful for my sweet girl, she is a handful and is always getting into binds/scrapes, but through it all, she is teaching me to be patient and loving (still working on that), and I wouldn't trade her for anything.

No comments: