Monday, April 29, 2013

The Dresser!

The dresser is finished!!  I am so so SO excited and happy to be done with it....finally!  Kristoffer bought this dresser for me back in October at Deseret Industries (DI), and I didn't get the chance to start sanding it until November, and then it got cold; go figure.  So, it sat in the garage aaaaall winter long, so it has seemed as though this project has taken much longer than it really should have.  But, once I got going on it again this spring, it really went quickly.

SO, without further ado, the dresser BEFORE:  Icky and brown and dated.....

And my gorgeous dresser AFTER:  Isn't it just LOVELY??!!! 

 I bought the stencil online at and I love it.  It was easy to use and line up, and stenciling went pretty quickly.  This design is called...ummm, Chez Sheikh or something like that.  And....for the handles, Let me just preface with the fact that I was aiming for something different.  I wanted to find a spray that would give me a super duper high gloss shiny chrome metallic mirror-like look (does that make sense? Ha!).  And, well, let's just say that the "Looking-Glass" spray by Krylon is totally not what you think it is; you have to paint the *inside* of whatever you want to look mirror-y....so essentially, you just have to paint glass items, which totally limits SO much.  And regular super shiny spray paint is NEVER as shiny as it advertises.  So, I'm a little bummed about the hardware, but altogether, I still think it looks great!
I am so happy with this dresser and I can't wait to get started on my next project...a dining room table and chairs, and I have the perfect idea in mind, wish me luck!

No comments: