Sunday, April 14, 2013

Dance-a-licious Date Night

Last night, Kristoffer and I had a big fat group date with Trine, Barry, Justin, Melodie and Estelle.  They took us to BYU to see their amazingly talented ballroom dance company perform.  They really did a fantastic job and I have never been to a ballroom dance performance, so this was a first for me!  I have always loved dancing...and when I say this, I mean dancing with friends, but the thought of professional dancing has always intrigued me.  There is so much beauty and energy and technique and grace all wrapped up into one lovely, sparkly performance, it looks like so much (and I say this tongue-in-cheek) FUN!  I know there is much more behind the scenes sacrifice for a beautiful performance, but still.  So after the show, Kris and I were just silly...

If only the shutter speed on my camera weren't like...5 seconds...blah...
 My hubby can get a little camera shy, and then he does strange things...my funny hunny, he's all mine, and I love it!
 We are terrible at this...
 I love being able to laugh like this with Kris!
 Awful lighting, but happy Lyman's.
And afterwards we hit up Leatherby's for, well...I got myself some apple pie.  I know, I know.  But I was jonesing for it, and I didn't want a big fat tummy-ache from a big fat ice cream sundae.  And it was delicious!

2 comments:

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

What a fun date! You guys are so cute... be glad for the 5 sec shutter speed which created all these adorable pics :) And now I am craving apple pie!

Unknown said...

You are GORGEOUS! I had fun catching up on your blog tonight. I am WAY behind in all that. Your Easter, your desserts, your dates (I SOOOO want to do better on), your family. I can't believe how fast they are growing too! You are lucky to have them, but they are so lucky to have a strong amazing mom like you. We so need more Samanthas in our lives. I miss you tons. Oh, I didn't even need a date tonight to whip out some of my s'mores ice cream. :)