Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Owen Turns TWO!

I can barely believe I am writing this post.  My sweet little buddy turned TWO the other day!!  
Owen Kristoffer Lyman, born 2~16~2011 and is now TWO!  

Take a look at my handsome birthday boy having breakfast.

 And for breakfast?  M&M waffles.  We love waffles at our house...since my hubby bought me a waffle iron for Christmas, we make them quite a bit (I love the Belgium, round waffle makers best anyway).  Doesn't it look taaaaastyyyyyy?
We had a little get together with cake and ice cream at the house on Saturday, and Owen was a little shy with so many people there...in his space!
 And this cute boy is Bronson, Owen's future roommate.  He is the son of Kristoffer's BFF, B.J. and by BFF, I *totally* mean BEST FRIEND FOREVER in the manliest most masculine way.  Kris and BJ have been best friends since they were like...6, and they were roommates all through college.  There are things that BJ knows about my husband that I *still* don't know about...and I don't think I ever will.  So anyway, Bronson turned two in November, and is just the cutest thing ever...he and Owen will be good buds!
 We had some chips and dip, ice cream and a cake from Costco (delish, by the way) before we opened presents and headed to Kangaroo Zoo to let the kids jump. 
 "Mama, why is everyone singing to me?"
 Little guy needed some guidance.
 AND.....we've started potty training!  What a thing to share with the world, eh?  I put Owen on the potty the day before he turned two, and left him alone with a book, and he went #2!  Good job, little buddy!  I couldn't believe it, I was really just working on making him aware of the potty and what it feels like to sit on it, but he evidently knew what to do!  He's been going on the potty every day for a few days now, and I am super proud of my little guy, such a smart boy.
I am so happy to be Owen's mama.  He is such a sweetheart, and melts my heart in his little boy way .  He is so innocent and gives the best hugs and kisses.  I love hearing him say "OK, mama", it just melts my heart all over again!  He loves to play with big sis, and is learning to share and play nicely.  He is so obedient and falls apart if he is tired or hungry.  He loves his mama and looks for me when he is sad or sleepy or hurt.  His fuzzy hair grows super fast after I buzz it, and I love to rub my cheek on his head.  He gives wonderful Eskimo kisses and says "Luuyou too, mama".  I am so blessed he came to our family, and we are grateful everyday for him.  Happy Birthday, Owen!

1 comment:

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

What a little sweetheart! Glad he had a fun birthday! Can't believe our babies are 2! Today is Marlee's birthday :) sad how fast they grow up!