Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sometimes

So, I heard a very profound (at least to me) quote in Relief Society on Sunday.

~Sometimes 'hard' isn't bad.  Sometimes 'hard' is just...hard.~

I loved this.  I'm not sure what struck me so deeply about this quote.  I think sometimes we wander through life thinking that every single hardship is associated with either a punishment or a deliberate lesson given to us by God, and thinking that way can almost make us feel attacked!  That's not the way it's supposed to be!  When we made the choice in the pre-mortal life to come to earth, we read the fine print, and we signed to contract.  We knew that we were going to, yes...be tried and tested, but that we were also going to be subject to "incidentals"...and there would be a LOT of them!  We'll never be able to separate and define which is which, but we don't need to.  We just need to do our best.

And hard, well...hard is always going to be hard, and that's OK.  But it doesn't always mean we are doing something bad.  Sometimes hard is just...hard!

2 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

I LOVE that!! Genius right there!! <3

Valerie said...

Great thought. I love how I hear something that just hits me. :)