Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Sunday

Ok, you can't blame me for the lack of pictures.  It was a super busy Easter Sunday and I'm usually the photographer, so we are working with the bare bones pictures this time.  Church is at 9am (yup), so we had a very hurried egg hunt and a quick look at the Easter baskets before we headed off to church.  And, Church was fantastic...we actually had a fast (as in fasting) Sunday and testimony meeting, and it was wonderful.  A great way to hear so many testimonies of Easter and our Saviour's love.

Marin and the Easter baskets!

 Checking out the goodies.
 And, Marin's skirt...I did it!  Well, I made it from another skirt.  It caused me some serious grief, and don't look on the inside, but it's super cute and springy, PLUS, I had a matching skirt for me...which I didn't get a picture of :(


 We had some family; Trine and Barry and Melodie and Justin over for Easter dinner, and it was so great!  I made an apricot dijon glazed ham, parmesean potatoes, scalloped corn and asparagus with shallots.  I'll toot my own horn for a moment just to say that is was super yummy!  PLUS, for dessert, I made this amazing triple layer coconut cake, it really was divine and all from scratch.  I was super proud of myself.  I've stowed the leftover cakes in the freezer for my free-food day (Saturday's). 
I'm super bummed that I didn't get any pictures of my little boy looking super studly in his new Easter Sunday outfit.  I'll get one soon!  We were so happy to have family in our home to help us celebrate Easter.  Hopefully you all had a wonderful Easter as well!

No comments: