Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's morning everyone! The sun is shining, the tank is clean and we are getting out of.....*gasp*....THE TANK IS CLEAN?!?!?!?!

If you can name this movie, you have kids!  Haha, this happens to be a line from Marin's favorite movie, Finding Nemo, which we happen to be watching at the moment.  Today has been a bit of a challenge.  Last night was a late night for Kris and I for various reasons, and this morning I woke up at 6:45 with a headache, blah.  I tossed and turned until about 8:30 and started our day and sent Kris off to work at 11am.  Most of the day I've been feeling pretty icky, and although I napped when Marin went down for her nap, it was short-lived.  Marin woke up a little over an hour later crying and needing some snuggling, she had thrown up in her crib, from some bad apple juice I think.  Since we didn't have much food left, grocery shopping was a must, so I took cranky Marin and re-discovered why I don't bring her shopping with me anymore.  She became a screaming teary mess with curious onlookers in the middle of our trip.  We finished up and came home for some spaghettio's and Finding Nemo, a much needed treat for Marin (and mom).  Hopefully I can get to bed earlier tonight and rest! 

I have been trying to make sure I keep up with exercise and although last week we had some pretty busy mornings, this week we have been back on track.  I have been walking Marin to the park and running and doing strength training while we're there.  Last night I broke out my prenatal pilates DVD and had a nice 20 minute workout.  It really is a great DVD, it's called 10 minute solutions, and there are 5 workouts, each one 10 minutes, so if you are really pressed for time, you can just do one, or a few, or if you are ambitious you can do all 5!  I really enjoy it, I usually do two at at time.  So, while my weight gain is not on target (total gain: 13 pounds at 17 weeks), I am still fitting into my low cut jeans and I am not seeing new areas of fat deposits (i.e.: hips, butt, waist), so I feel confident!

Kristoffer last Friday went to his very first Toastmasters meeting!  He has always wanted to join this organization and he had his chance at 6:45 Friday morning (I know!).  This club helps you become one of the best public speakers out there and you have to speak just about every week to practice your skills.  He is pretty excited about this even if it is bright and early!  I'm not sure if I mentioned this, (pardon my pregnancy brain), but Kris's has a new calling as the assistant ward missionary leader!  He went to correlation meeting last night and got the low-down on what his responsibilities are.  This will be a great calling for him, it's pretty amazing how the bishopric is able to choose the right calling for him just a couple of weeks after we move in.

And I am pretty confident my interview went well the other day!  I took and passed three competencies while I was there and am scheduled for two days of ventilator training.  One class tomorrow and one on Tuesday and am hoping that after that I will be signing some paperwork to start a job!  I am very excited about this! 

So, here's to a good night's sleep tonight and a great day tomorrow! :)

No comments: