Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Extraordinaries: Behind the Music

Since I have had this blog now for, heck, over a year, I think it may be about time to explain the name, and why I chose a long and hard to spell URL address for our family. It all starts with me actually! Back when I was a young, single gal, I actually listened to music, can you believe it? Real music from adults, instead of little ditty's from baby toys that sing about Dinko the dancing bear. A few years ago, Liz Phair came out with a song called Extraordinary, and I fell in love. It became my theme song, and still is to this day. It talks about doing all of the ordinary things people do every day, while still being quirky and wierd and nothing sums my life up better than that song. Even now, I hear the song and I feel so energized and ready to tackle the world. I listen to it while I'm running and I feel like I could run for miles. That song IS. . . .my life. So, when I was looking for a name for the blog, I thought, what better way to personify our lives than with my theme song?! It keeps me remembering who I made myself into and how awesome, how. . . extraordinary I am and my family is. So, if you are wondering when I am going to change the address into something a little easier to type, the answer is: not soon! If you want to listen to the song, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you'll see my playlist for the blog, click on track 12: Extraordinary, by Liz Phair.

No comments: