Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Prayer and Scriptures

I cannot tell you how many times I have tried to load a video for you all, to no avail. It is the cutest video of Marin eating spaghetti. She LOVES spaghetti! She gets it from both sides, the Lyman family is known for their love of spaghetti, as is the Owens family. I myself am not the biggest fan of spaghetti, but I will say that when I was pregnant, I ate more spaghetti than I think I ever had before, so Marin liked it from the start, the little spaghetti head. Anyway, the video shows Marin with a piece of spaghetti hanging out of her mouth, and then. . . slurp! She sucks it right in, just the cutest. She has really been enjoying what mommy and daddy eat for dinner and wants to sample it all :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day! Kris made me a heart shaped pancake, some scrambled eggs and some fresh fruit for breakfast, such a sweet man :) I love my hunny. It was a good day with my family :)

In light of . . . I guess, a need to be a better couple and individuals, Kris and I are bumping up our prayer and scripture reading. I have found, speaking for myself, that being a mom has been one of the most exhausting jobs EVER! It has made me better in so many ways, but I think it has also brought to the surface a lot of my inadequacies. Being so consumed in the care of an infant and a home, I tend to spend so much time focusing on the important things, that I have been neglecting the essential things, among other things unfortunately. And I can certainly feel it too, I know I am not as patient as I should be, or forgiving. Well, enough of that, there are a lot of things that I need to start paying attention to, and one of them is myself. Beginning with the inside and what counts, and then maybe getting a foxy new hair-do (LONG overdue!) or a massage!

Kris starts school in a few weeks, and I can't believe it's coming up so soon! I know Kris is reeeeally excited, and I guess I am too, but it's hard for me to be so pumped up about knowing I'll be spending LESS time with my husband. Having the job at University of Phoenix and being able to go to school is such a blessing. I knew right when Kris first started interviewing that this job would be a really good thing, and help him to accomplish his goals. So, school is the next step in that process, and that is a very good thing.

Picture Time!


We took Marin to the "Butterfly Park" the other day, and it has a great little water section for the kids. Marin had lots of fun, and although she didn't get to directly in the water, she had fun grabbing at the spouts :)

I love this shot :) She's trying to catch the water.
Sitting in the grass with mommy and puppy!


Hanging out with daddy!


Smile for the camera!


Ah-HA! I got a new apron as a gift for mothers day from Kris's step-mom Sallie. She was so sweet and actually MADE it herself! Well, it is very multi-colored and I just LOVE it! She also made one for Marin too, and I need to still get a picture of her in it. Mamma is going to teach her all the tricks of the trade! Anyway, I just LOVE the apron :)


Have a great one!

No comments: