Monday, February 9, 2009

3 Rotating Outfits

Well, I have tried 4 times to upload pictures, to no avail, so it looks like I'll have to try again tomorrow :(

Last week we took Marin to the pool for the first time! I'd like to say it was a very cute and exciting experience with lots of laughs and giggles and splashing, but it was just a big bath experience for Marin. And, while she loves the bath, it was a little boring! We took her in and she chewed on her toy and that was about it! We only stayed for about 15 minutes. We got to the pool at 6:15 and were gone by 6:30. But, I think maybe she will grow to enjoy the pool :)

As I'm sure you all know, I have been lamenting about not having clothes to wear, in particular, church clothes to wear. And so Kris and I went on a penny pinching scavenger hunt for clothes, which I found, however. . . I have only a few outfits that I can switch up. ANYWAY, on Sunday, Kris and I were driving out of the church parking lot and I rolled down the window to say hi to a girl I visit teach. I said "Hey Breque! You always look so cute on Sunday!" and SHE said, "Oh, I don't know about that, I only have like 3 outfits that I rotate through, but thanks!". I just had to laugh! It's so good to know that I am not the only one in our ward that rotates Sunday outfits! :)

I bought Marin some white tennis shoes today. She only had her one pair of pink Sunday shoes, and I've been putting them on her pretty much everyday so her socks won't get dirty. I'm telling you, it's kind of a catch 22. She needs to wear sock to keep her little feet warm, but when she's in her walker, her socks get filthy (no matter HOW many times I mop the floor!), so she needs to wear shoes, but pink only matches with a few colors, so white tennis shoes it is! They are a bit big on her, so she looks like she has some clodhopper feet, but she'll grow into them fast enough!

And as for the rolling. . . the rolling just keeps going and going and going! She is rolling EVERYWHERE! I'll put her under her jungle gym and a few minutes later she'll have rolled her way to the kitchen! She has really gotten the hang of it. Next stop? Crawling! Next week she'll be SIX MONTHS OLD! Holy Cow! Unbelievable! Sooooo, this means that miss monkey is ready for some real food, besides rice cereal and the like. We'll start with the ever popular banana, and then work our way up from there. Porterhouse here we come!

Ok, well, I'll try tomorrow to post some pics. It's also baby watching day, so I'll be a busy girl!

1 comment:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Ack! Start with VEGETABLES FIRST! No joke, it made all the difference between Scott and Emily, and their eating habits! :)