Monday, October 20, 2008

Diapers Away!

Welcome to Monday! It is absolutely CRAZY how quickly the weeks are going by now that I have a baby. She will be 9 weeks on Thursday! UN-believable! My little girl is growing up so fast! I know now why my father used to tell me he was going to put a brick on my head, I'm debating doing the same to Marin, to keep her from growing!

She really is becoming so fun to interact with, cooing and gooing and squeeling with her precious little smiles. Just adorable :) Kris weighed her last week (did I mention this already?) and she weighed 11 pounds 4 ounces. Goodness sakes, sheis getting so big! This wednesday is her doctors appt., so we'll see just how much she weighs and how long she is, I'm pretty excited. I keep thinking her hair is growing, because it looks like it is, but then I look at her head and I'm not sure. Oh well.

Last night was a little frustrating. She did fine after I first put her down at midnight, she slept until almost 5, and then after I fed her, she laid there and tried to poop for a good 2 hours. grunting and grunting and grunting. I kept thinking she was going to wake up, so I just laid there and listened to her grunt for 2 hours. Kris finally took her into the other room and put her in the crib around 7:30, I slept for a little while, and then went to get her. Ahh the joys of mommyhood.

On another note, I only have about 16 more pounds to lose until I am at my "comfortable weight". The weight I am comfortable being at for being a nursing mom, and it's how much I weighed at my first pregnancy checkup at 10 weeks. If I really want to be ambitious, I'll lose an additional 10 pounds after I'm done nursing Marin. One step at a time. But HEY! Progress is progress right? I'm proud of myself though. The stroller walking/jogging at the Y, and the pilates (when I can, which isn't often I might add) and eating good food, it really makes a difference. I feel sooo much better when I'm eating veggies and getting enough to eat. I still have to push myself to eat (I still lose my appetite when I nurse baby), and if I don't feel like eating, I tend to snack on sugary stuff because my body is hungry, but my stomach feels gross, so instead, I got a BIG can of Planter nuts to snack on when I'm needing something to munch on, it has protein and good fats, a good way to fill you up without empty calories.

Today is Kris's Friday. I always like his day's off, I miss him when he goes to work. Speaking of work, It's only a few more weeks until I have to go back to work, the week of the 16th in November. I won't be full time, maybe 1 or 2 das a week, but I'm sad right now thinking about leaving my daughter. It will be good for me though. I have to keep telling myself that!

Here are some fun pics, hope everyone has a good start to their week!

Here is Marin this morning, just about to drift off to sleep for her nap. She is in her bouncy seat, which she really does like. She's a thrill seeker like her daddy, and she likes a good vigorous bounce every so often :)

Last night during dinner in her swing, such a cutie!
Haha! This still makes me laugh. Kris has a habit of doing the "dad-throw" when he puts Marin over his shoulder, I think this one put a little too much pressure on her full belly. She spilled her lunch all over the back of Kris, and you can only see the mess on his shirt! It went all down his shirt, his pantleg and onto the back heel of his shoe, PLUS a big splat all over the kitchen floor! CRAZY! Needless to say, little girl needed a snack after this barf-fest.


Playing under her jungle gym.










No comments: