Monday, September 22, 2008

Family Photo-op

Welcome to Monday everyone:) We had a really good weekend here in Sunny Las Vegas. Kris's mother and sister and brother in law came down Friday night and left Sunday afternoon, just a quick visit, but a wonderful diversion nonetheless. It was Trine's (mom) birthday on Saturday, so during the day we went to the park and Sam (bro-in law) took some family pics of us. They turned out incredible! Sooooo good! It was wonderful to be able to have some pics of our little girl when she is little like this. The weather was perfect and sunny and breezy, it was really a great time. We have sooo many pics to sort through and decide on, there are just too many good ones! Anyway, in the evening we went out to dinner and just spent time together with everyone. It was really a great day:)

This past weekend, Marin has really been getting th hang of smiling. It is the absolute cutest thing in the world. She will study your face for a minute or two and then her mouth erupts into this huge open smiley grin. It is adorable. I caught a picture of it with my phone the other morning, just the best. I set it as my phone wallpaper, am I a true mom or what?!

Last night was a little rough. Marin, true to form, woke up just in time for dinner, so I'm really getting the hang of nursing and eating at the same time:) we took her in the shower with us last night, which she LOVES, and fed her and she went right to sleep, so I thought things were going pretty well. She went down and woke up at 0415 to eat (not bad!) and then she grunted and whimpered in her little Moses basket (that's what she sleeps in) for an hour until she broke out in an all out cry. I think her belly was hurting, so I put her on my chest and leaned back against the headboard. She fell right to sleep and rustled around every 20 minutes or so until I patted her back. So from 0500 to 0730 I stayed awake with her. Then she ate again, and fussed on and off for an hour again in her real crib while mama tried to catch a few (if I didn't, my patience would have been dangerously thin). So she ate and stayed awake while I tried to eat breakfast. Finally she went down for a nap. Poor girl, she was sooo tired :(

I've been trying to figure out why I haven't been hungry lately. My last month of pregnancy, I was so excited to not be pregnant so I could eat again, but now I just have no appetite whatsoever. I have to force myself to eat, it's really kind of wierd. I'll eat a few bites of food and be full or just not want any more. I don't feel sick, just not hungry. It's been like this for 2 or 2 1/2 weeks or so. If anyone has suggestions, let me know. And you would think I would be shedding pounds a little quicker because of this, but I've styed the same for about a week. Strange.

Here are the pics, enjoy!

Baby girl snuggling mama
A little thumb sucking
Hanging out with mom and dad, she really was so good all day for the pics, just perfect:)



Just the girls, I love this picture, the light hits her eyes just right to make the blue really come out, just like moms.



SUCH a cute closeup, what an adorable little girl!



Daddy and his little girl, he's just so proud to be a dad:)





The whole family facing the camera, well, Marin is asleep, but facing the camera!






A different pose. Such a beautiful day, you can see in the background!


That's all folks, hope you enjoyed the pics.






1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Well, YOU'RE gorgeous, it's obvious why your kid is so cute!! Can't wait until I can come and visit! Marin obviously needs to hang out with her Aunt Tabitha and Uncle Ben. Maybe you should come and visit me! Don't you want to see Atlanta? :-)