Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Best Laid Plans....(of the Lyman family)

Yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Kris had the day off to spend with his family...YAY! We LOVE those days! Well, let me preface with Saturday: I was put on standby for work, and because I worked Friday, I knew it was a possibility that I might get called in, so we stuck pretty close to home. Luckily, I had the whole day with my family and didn't need to go in to work and it was wonderful! I have almost forgotten what a non-holiday Saturday looks like! We went to Costco and treated ourselves to Cafe Rio for lunch, then Kris and I watched a movie together after Marin was in bed, it was GREAT :) Kris worked hard Sunday night on homework so he could spend all of Monday with us, and we had great plans to go rock climbing and/or hiking. Monday morning we woke up and it was pouring rain! Ack! It rained and blew cold wind ALL DAY LONG! I couldn't believe it! The ONE day Kris has to spend with us and we get the shaft. Ahhh well, we headed to Home Depot to look for a storage shelf for food storage. I have been trying really hard to get our food storage in line, and my little kitchen closet/pantry (closet SIZE though) is BURSTING at the seams! We actually found one at Wal Mart instead and came home just in time for Marin to get crazy (more later). After she was in bed, I hauled our new shelf out to the garage and started organizing! So, I guess we didn't end up doing a lot with the day, but at least we were together!

Marin updates: Marin has been teething the last week or so....i.e. cranky and extra sensitive. We can see some of her new teeth coming through or just barely poking their way to the surface. Tyenol to the rescue! She has been experimenting with new words and now says (in addition to her other words) tickle, down, soup, please (sounds like polly), ear and hair. We are so proud of her. She is such a beautiful girl and grows and learns more and more every day, she makes me smile, and makes me more patient ;) every day. I love being her mommy!

Picture Time:

Marin asking mommy for a story....

Here she is reading to herself. It is sooo cute! Some days she will just look at the book quietly, and other days she will read out loud to herself.

No comments: