Tuesday, August 18, 2009

WoHooo!

Yessssss! Clean Sheet Day! I LOVE clean sheet day! And, up until now, it has also come with it's disadvantages. We have only one set of king size sheets for our king size bed and when we would wash them, and go to put them on, it was an absolute nightmare, such a production. Pulling and stretching and watching the corners pop off that you just pulled on. It took Kris and I at least 10 minutes and 500 calories to get the job done! So last night, we had had enough. We marched off to our closest Home Goods store in search of some sheets! And, I know I have said it before, but if you have never been to a Home Goods store, you HAVE to go check one out. They have EVERYTHING and they have it for soooo much cheaper than other stores, and it's nice stuff! I will frequently go and check out their cooking aisle :) Anyway, we found some sheets, 410 thread count, king size sheets for 40 bucks (yeah, put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!). We took them home, washed and dried them, and hesitantly stood by the bed, anticipating the worst. But one corner slipped on, and then the next, and the next, and the last one, it was a bedsheet miracle! We never knew putting on sheets could be so. . . . easy! Afterwards, we got to thinking about why it was so hard to put on our other sheets, and I have a feeling that although we purchased them in a king size package, they may have been queen size sheets instead. So, for all you clean sheet day lovers out there, I'm right there with you, I LOVE clean sheet day too :)

Ahhh, my little girl is in bed (thank goodness) and the house is a WRECK. I am sitting for just a few minutes before I get cracking on the mess. I am working tomorrow and Thursday so I can have Friday and Saturday off for my little Marin monkey's birthday. Have a great few days!

No comments: