Thursday, August 27, 2009

Toddle-Towne

We have reached a new level in the Lyman house, a toddling little girl. Marin has been very adventurous with her walking and every day it is more and more. Yesterday she went for a 4 foot stretch all by herself! I can't believe it. Yesterday I was sitting on the couch just watching her toddle all over the living room and it blew my mind that she was actually walking by herself! My guess is by the end of next week, she'll be 100% walking, right now she's 30% independent walk, 70% crawl. Wow, I can't believe I have a toddler. You will not believe the effect a child turning one has on other people reccomending you have another one. I have had 3 people make suggestions already! And it's only been a week! Ahhh no, we have a little time before that happens. I just got my body to myself and I would like to get rid of the rest of the weight before I become a temporary housing unit :)

Mairn has her one year check up today! I guess for her, it's not going to be very fun, she has to get some shots, but I get to see how big she is getting!

Yesterday we played with a toy grandpa Duane and grandma Sallie got for her, a little wood doggie with a pull string. Marin loved holding mommy's hand and walking the doggie, she thought that was pretty fun. The only problem was that she couldn't see the doggie, so she would try and turn around to see it and fall down.

Well, I have been running and running and running, and I don't feel like I am getting anywhere! I haven't lost any weight this past week, and my entire legs have been sore, and this morning my knees felt like they had been twisted around backwards. Blah. I am going to chalk it up to hormones. Those have been absolutely crazy and feel bad for Kris, poor guy.

Ok, picture time!

Daddy, can I have some of what YOU'RE having?

Daddy! Can I have some more? Let me just sit on your lap and help myself! Actually, it's really funny, but Marin is adament that if daddy is eating something, she wants to be right there in the middle of the action, she is so funny! So, this is what she does :)

Marin and Mollie with the little doggie. She actually has started to say doggie! And say the "g"! It's amazing the progress she is making!


Come on little doggie!


Maring got some little hair bands for her birthday and I put them in her hair so she looks like Pebbles from the Flinstones. It's so fun having a little girl :)
Have a great day everyone!

No comments: