Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Reflective Testimony

We just got back from Atlanta tonight, but I wanted to write some reflections I have been having, brought about perhaps by this amazing time of year?

I have to express how insanely grateful I am for my family. I have never been so blessed in my life! My parents and siblings are such amazing people and I have great, loving memories of a warm home and family home evenings and homecooked meals and family prayers, all of the things so many kids go without today. I know I was so blessed to have the family I have today.
And the blessings continued and multiplied when I met my amazing husband. He is the most incredible man in my life, and I cannot express in words the profound, deep love I have for him. The experiences he has had in life have made him a strong, strong man, and I see that strength in him every day. I used to pray every night when I was growing up for Heavenly Father to bless my future husband, that he would stay strong and worthy, and He has blessed Kris. I love my marriage, and have never met a kinder more loving man, and am so lucky that he chose me. I tell my husband as often as possible that I still choose him :)
Since I can remember, I have always wanted to be a mama. The day I gave birth to my daughter was the most amazing and surreal day I have ever had. I remember the moment they placed Marin on my chest, I wasn't really sure she was actually mine! The feeling of being a mother certainly is not instantaneous, but over these past 4 months I have embraced every moment, and know now what it is to have a Motherheart. I love my little girl SO much, and know I have been given an amazing gift and responsibility. The fact that I was able to have a healthy baby is such a blessing.
Last of all, I need to bear my testimony. Having a baby certainly has messed with my ability to pay attention in church and read my scriptures (and do dishes and laundry and clean, etc...) but I have experienced firsthand the rewards of living the gospel. There is no replacement for the feeling I have, knowing that I will be together forever with my family, the most valuable thing in my life. I know that my Heavenly Father lives and loves me SO much. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and Thomas S. Monson is our current prophet, who leads us with love. I know that families can be together forever through the sealing powers of the temple, and THAT, makes me delirious with happiness.
I encourage everyone to reflect a little during this time of year, of all things you have that bless your life. And remember to whom we have to be grateful. The good things in our lives are all blessings from our Father in Heaven :)
I'll post some pics from our Atlanta trip soon. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: