Sunday, April 17, 2016

To Nursery She Will Go

I can hardly believe my little Rosie is 18 months old!  Wow, time is absolutely flying by, and it gets so much faster with each kid.  Little Rosalie is 18 months old, and today was her first, official day in nursery at church.  Kris has been taking her in each Sunday for an hour (he has her the 2nd hour, I take her for the 3rd hour), just to acclimate her to the faces and routine.  It hasn't gone well if he's ever left her, so I was *real* worried about today.  It's been getting increasingly difficult to have her Primary with me, because she only has a two foot radius to walk around in and she gets to frustrated.  Not to mention if Kris and I both have to teach Elders Quorum and Sharing Time for the third hour (which has happened).  SO....today was the big day.  I had a friend tip me off that I should have one of my kids walk her into nursery so she doesn't have to deal with parental detachment...and it worked like a charm.  I hung back and watched from the sidelines as Marin waked her in; Rosie hesitated for a minute, but Marin encouraged her to play with a toy and all was well.  We only needed a diaper change about halfway through, but no crying, no screaming, it was bliss!

I tried to get a picture on the couch after church....riiiight.
Nope, mama, I'm getting down.

I'm hungry, and I want a bottle, and my bed, so let's get things rolling, k?

We have these four flowering trees on our property that I look forward to seeing every spring.  Each one is different and so perfect.  This white one is in the chicken run.  It blooms first and I had to snap pictures today, because I know the blooms will be done soon.

 This light pink one is in our back yard, and has the most beautiful, light pink blooms, best visible from underneath.

Right next to the light pink blooms are the small, purple flowers.  They are tiny, but so perfect!


And lastly, my favorite, this tree in our side yard, right outside our dining room window.  It has bright pink blooms which smell absolutely divine!  The honeybees LOVE these flowers, and so do I!  We had about and inch of snow the other day, and I think it bruised these blooms that were just starting to open up, so they're not as robust as they usually are, but still stunning.

 I am so happy that spring is finally here!  It's been such a long winter, as it is each winter, I suppose.  I just love the growth and new life that spring brings with it, my absolute favorite!

No comments: