Thursday, March 31, 2016

Birthday Boy!

This picture doesn't do justice to Rosie's face.  This girl, when she does not want to take a nap, she'll throw her bear out of her crib, and then her binky; and then she *really* squawks.  And she won't stop until you come and get her.  Trust me, we've left her for two hours and she won't quit.  I pulled her out one day after *much* squawking, and she had burst all these capillaries on her face and little red petechiae on her face.  It was so sad.  Sigh.

 I love doing this for my kids.  Having a table all decorated for them when they wake up on their birthday.  It makes my heart smile to see them so happy on their birthday morning.
 I can't believe this little buddy of mine is FIVE!  He is such a fun boy to have in our house.  He is so goofy and giggling at things little boys love to giggle at.  He makes me laugh, he gets so dirty, he eats me out of house and home (already), he hates socks, he loves riding his bike.  He is just awesome.  I'm so grateful for him!
 Enjoying his chocolate chip breakfast waffles.
 I've told my kids they can have a big birthday when they turn 5, 8, 12, and 16.  So since Marin turns eight this summer....it's a big year, lol.  We went to the Classic Fun Center for the party package, definitely the way to go.  So much less stress than doing it at my house, for sure!  Still had to keep up with a lot of little's, but way worth it.

Avenger's cake.  All boy.
 Look at that face!
 He partied hard!
 My mom came out for Owen's birthday and we had a chance to attend Time Out For Women.  It was so wonderful.  Such a great two days of inspirational stories and trial and triumph

 I kind of made my mom go up and meet Michael McLean, haha!  She was so not going to do it and I literally just jumped in line and made her come with me!  I loved his personal story...so incredibly inspiring.
 Mom and I took Owen and Rosie to Ogden's train station.  We had never been before, and it was so neat!
 There's something so romantic about a train station, I kind of wish trains were still a cool way to travel.
 They had the cutest little area for kids to play in.

 Owen is such a sweet big brother.  He totally helped Rosie and she followed him all around.
 Owen and I had a contest to see who could hammer in the spikes the fastest.  He;s a pretty strong dude!
 They had a train cab where you could sit and look out the front window and "drive", Owen had an absolute BLAST doing this, he thought it was the best thing ever.  
 Out the front window they had a movie screen of a train riding the rails.  So cool, we'll totally go back.
 I'm always sad when my mom has to go back, but we loved having her.  Even if I'm terrible at taking pictures when she's here!

No comments: