Monday, October 26, 2015

Shamefully Absent yet Dutifully Engaged

I'm so embarrassed at how absent I've been from Blogger these past few months!  Such busy, busy months though and I think that's part of the reason why I have barely picked up the laptop.  Kristoffer has been (thankfully) busy with work, and has essentially monopolized the computer, so I just haven't dared touch it with everything he has open on the screen at any given time.  This may be a good chance to beg for my *own* laptop for Christmas (though Kristoffer insists he needs/wants one, too); I guess we'll see who gets the computer!

And yes, Kristoffer has been BUSY!  I knew when I married him that I married a business-man at heart.  He thinks in 'business' ALL the time.  It's exhausting.  And I'm the wife!!  And when we embarked on this whole start-your-own-company thing, I knew it was going to be a looong road, and it has been.  A very very looooong and bumpy road, with rain....and fireballs....and maybe an assassin or two running at you with a giant sword.  OK, so maybe that's a bit dramatic, #butseriously.  We've been through tough times, and this has been no exception.  Kristoffer has also had to learn how to be busy at something he's never done before, what a challenge!  I will say that I have never in my life prayed for more patience and longsuffering than I have these last 15 months.  

In addition to this new business venture, Kris was called as the new Elders Quorum President a few months ago when they rearranged our bishopric.  That has also brought its own set of challenges.  There is an apparent need for re-engagement with many Elders, and it's left very few active and engaged Elders for Kris to work with and to call on for help.  He's a very patient man and has a good heart and is carrying a heavy load.  I'm doing my best to be supportive of the time required for him to fulfill this calling.

A few weeks ago I was released from my calling as Compassionate Service Leader with a bit of sadness in my heart.  I have grown to LOVE that calling!  I accepted it last year with much faith when I was very pregnant; and as I served and served and served and watched other women serve and serve and became aware of their individual circumstances and needs, I developed such a testimony of service.  The capabilities that I have, though I may think them small, when shared, they become enough and they bless me and they bless others.  I have grown to know so many women and families in the ward; some very active and serving just as dilligently, and some completely inactive that I will likely never see inside the church building.  Regardless of who they are and where they are at, my job is not to provide a service in hopes to lure them to church or in exchange for church activity...my job is to serve and let that be enough.  
So after being released and passing the torch on to my amazing friend, I was called as the Second Counselor in the Primary Presidency!  Primary is so new and foreign to me!  Many years ago as a fresh faced 18 year old I was called as the Primary chorister, but I had no involvement in the rest of Primary; so this calling for me is a bit overwhelming.  I've prayed long and hard many times for strength and faith to fulfill this calling and serve these little ones, and it's not coming easy!  I'm barely two weeks into it, so there is much to learn but I am excited to move forward and be actively engaged in the lives of these great kids.  

Along with all this, we've still been raising our little family, which really deserves a post on its own, so I'll hopefully be back on soon with pictures galore!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I think you and your hubby are both patient! Life is hard, right??? I'm excited for your new calling! That's my calling in my ward! I think that once you love a calling, then they release you and put you somewhere else. :) You both have busy callings, though!

Christy Wheeler said...

You are going to be great in Primary!