Friday, May 2, 2014

This Baby

I'm 16 weeks, and little baby is starting to make itself known!  Look at that little baby belly right there!  It's nice to look a little pregnant finally, and not just thick around the middle.  Although, I keep reminding myself to be happy I'm not huge yet, that's coming soon enough...with all the uncomfortableness that goes along with it!

I will say, that thus far, this pregnancy is giving me a run for my money, phew!  I was hoping number 3 would maybe go easy on me, especially after having such a rough experience with my dad passing last year, but I don't think that's going to happen.  

My nausea this pregnancy, which is thankfully over now, was mostly plagued with ridiculous amounts of stomach cramping and pain.  So, SO much abdominal pain!  I hoped that it would go away with the nausea around 12/13 weeks; not so.  The nausea is gone, and the deathly cramping has subsided somewhat, but I have retained a really sensitive 'gut'.  I'm pretty sure it's here to stay.  I have to be so careful with what I eat, not because of my stomach, but my intestines will complain with lots of cramping if baby doesn't like what I ate.  Nothing rich, minimal amounts of gluten, no sweet stuff...I tried to eat some birthday cake that Marin made for me the other day, and I paid dearly for it that night, oh, so painful!

I've been trying hard to focus on just making healthy choices anyway, and letting my body get the rest it needs, especially with number 3.  So, I guess this irritable bowel stuff is a way to encourage me to do that.  I keep cottage cheese on hand, such a great protein source (best bang for your buck), string cheese, greek yogurt, hummus, carrots, milk, and I've found if I'm eating fruit throughout the day, that helps my tummy feel better.  I try to make a smoothie a few times a week and I like to sneak in some spinach to those. 

 But, some days are just rough, and I find myself needing to sit or lay down because it literally feels like I have a brick in my gut, ouch!  I'm worried this is a precursor to what kind of baby/child I'm having....one that's uh....going to give me a run for my money for lack of a better metaphor.

All in all, things are well.  I've already felt this little babe move, which is a wonderful thing!  And this next week will be the week when we find out...girl or boy?!?!?  I'll save my thoughts on that for another post!

1 comment:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Awe! Love your baby bump. :D