Friday, August 16, 2013

7 Year Niche

 Tomorrow is a special day.  Tomorrow is August 17th, and tomorrow Kristoffer and I celebrate 7 years of marriage.  I have to say, I am not feeling any of that "7 year itch" that people talk about, instead, after 7 years, I've found my niche...with this guy.  My Kristoffer.  I can honestly say I love this guy so much more than the day I married him, because seven years have given me a million more reasons to fall in love with him.  Reasons I never knew as a fresh faced 22 year jumping into marriage with both feet.


Photo
  Kristoffer is my other half, and when he's gone, I miss him...STILL, after all these years.  He is my best friend, my confidante,my eternal companion, my love.  He is a solid rock and just holds me close when I need him, and watches from afar when the storm clouds roll through my eyes.  He keeps me grounded.  He wipes away my tears.  He laughs with me and 'geeks around' with me.  He holds my hand and squeezes it twice to let me know he loves me, just like he did 7 years ago.

Photo

Kristoffer has stood side by side with me through the up's and down's of every minute of these past 7 years, and has worked hard, and played hard.  He has broken the rules of 'no-gift-buying' for special occasions....every time, and it makes me smile.  He selflessly gives so much of his time and energy and money to us as a couple and as a family.

Photo
Kristoffer has been with me for every moment of my pregnancies, and has coached me through childbirth as I've borne our children.  He has tenderly kissed their sweet newborn cheeks and looked at me with the softest, most caring eyes of adoration.  He has kissed my forehead and looked into my weary eyes and thanked me for his children.  He has sent me flowers both times.

Photo
My husband has seen the best and worst of me, and still chooses to be with me, every day.  He supports all of my personal goals and ambitions and does whatever he can to support me and help me achieve my goals.  He takes me out to dinner and spoils me when I think we have nothing left to spend...and it's because he's squirreled money away just for a date night with the wife he still loves.

Photo
Kristoffer has taken me to Europe, and has taken me to the emergency room.  He has taken me to 3 new states to live, and 6 different residences.  We've been here and there and everywhere, and yet, at the end of the day, if he's not with me, I'm sad.  Nothing is worth any of it unless I can share it with him.  I'm terrible at keeping secrets because I just want to tell him everything!

Photo
I've seen Kristoffer at his best, and I've seen him crumple in a heap on the floor when life is too much.  I've watched him succeed, and I've watched him try and try again he does.  He never gives up.

Photo
Our lives have intertwined so much, that I don't know who I would be without him....in a good way.  He knows my thoughts now, and we are on the same wavelength.  It's uncanny when we both realize we've been thinking about the same thing!

Photo
After 7 years, I think I for sure have found my niche, and it's with Kristoffer.  I'm not going anywhere, and I'm glad he still likes me, too.  I know 7 years may sound like a drop in the bucket for some, but I'm so proud of where we are.  We've accomplished so much and have grown and learned so much together.

Photo
We're raising our two beautiful children in our very first ever home...a home that we've been very patient waiting for.  A home that means more than just another house, it's been a prompting we followed, and a true blessing.  And we're happy, and that, to me is success.

Photo
I'm incredibly grateful for this man that God put into my life.  A man I never would have met, had it not been for my dad (of all people!) urging me to try E-Harmony over 8 years ago.  Who knew?!

Photo
So after 7 years, I've found my niche.  And I couldn't be happier.

Photo 

Happy 7 years babe!  Can't wait to nosh on some sushi at The Naked Fish tomorrow and see what little surprise you picked up for me, you sly dog ;)

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Soooo ... I'm catching up.
Beautiful post :)