Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Gingerbread House

I really, REALLY wanted to do a gingerbread house this year, but I really, REALLY didn't want to spend an entire day making it.  As a mom of two, I am learning what shortcuts I am OK making, and what shortcuts are totally not kosher in my book.  Fortunately, the gingerbread house fell into the 'shortcut' category!  

I bought a gingerbread house kit at my favorite grocery store for around 10 dollars, and it was a BLAST.  All pre-baked and cut.  Frosting and candy included; just open and assemble!  The kids had a ton of fun, and I think I may have been getting a bit creative myself...before my four year gently reminded me to stop hogging all the candy....

Marin with a mouth full of candy to get her creative jive on.

 Look at that pretty house, cute, eh?
 Love my sweet girl.
 Owen saw no point in putting the candy on the house, it was immediately directed into his mouth.
 Despite all of the munching, we had enough candy and more than enough frosting, I was quite surprised!
 We loved decorating our gingerbread house this year, totally worth it, and totally worth the shortcut!

No comments: