Monday, July 30, 2012

Lazy Day Lagoon Date

So, Kristoffer did an overnight training at work last week, and they gave him a paid day off.  And what did we do with that day off?  We dropped the kids at Bestemor's house and took off! We were one of the first cars in line to get into the park, so we had a nice empty park to start.  

It was SUCH a great day, just the two of us.  We laughed and ran around and acted like kids and screamed on all the rides and soaked up the hot sun.  We ate hot dogs and cookies and rediscovered what it was like to NOT be a parent for a few hours.  Totally refreshing, and exhausting and totally worth it.  We got into the park at around 11am, and by the time 6pm hit, we were pooped, and ready to go...that part made me feel kind of old.

Kris and I taking the sky-walk across the park to get lunch.  And, just so you know, I only post the good pictures of myself, especially when it's a no-make-up day...you're welcome.
 Eating subway subs on the park bench.
 What in the....my crazy husband.
 We took a little whirl on the Ferris Wheel after lunch...to settle our tummies before more adrenaline rides.
 Ahhh, the towers on the left were just craziness, the rocket blast off ride...the one that shoots you up into the air and drops you, or the re-entry ride that just drops you from the top.  They really caught my breath, phew!
 The river raft ride (or something like that).  This is just a picture of random people, but it was a really nice way to cool down at the end of the day.

I will say, I was a little nervous before we went that day that having two babies had changed my love of amusement park rides.  Having babies totally messes with your body!  I was pleasantly surprised that I still love rides!!  If that weren't the case, it would have been a baaaad day.

It was a great date-day.  I love just being one on one with my hubby, he's pretty awesome.  And while I love my kids, someday, they will leave me and find someone new, and it will just be me...and Kristoffer, so I have to make sure I still like him ;)

No comments: