Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Seedy Business

I may or may not have mentioned that I'm planting a little garden this year, and I am SOOOO excited about it!  I'm not really sure why I'm so excited; perhaps it's because it gives me reason to be outside and doing something different?  I've already sown some flower seeds outside in the landscaping, AND I planted some pea and bean seeds a few days ago.  Today, Marin and I planted some seeds to start inside and later transplant outdoors.  I thought it would be good for her as a hands-on activity and to learn a little about plants and .... patience!

Here we are with our egg-cartons!

 Filling them with dirt...
 Poking the holes for the seeds....
 Putting in the seeds....
 Still seeding.....
 And watering the seeds, I found that a sippy cup without the valve was like a tiny watering can, with handles; perfect for 3 year old hands.
 I had Marin plant her own pea seed in a tiny cup, this way she can check up on it every day.
 With a little Owen in the background!
 Cute girl, she did a great job!

1 comment:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

These posts are sooooo completely adorable!!!!! It makes me want to plant more stuff, only we're too shady in our yard to spend any more money on seeds/plants. :) My snapdragons are coming back from last year, though, so I'm at least slightly improving!! lol