Sunday, May 8, 2011

Unintentional Hiatus

I've been just short of peeling up my carpets searching for our lost and lonely little camera, it's been missing since my birthday!  I feel terrible that it's been so long since I've last posted, but I've been holding out in hopes our wayward camera would return.  Perhaps tomorrow holds more promise....*sigh*.  A picture-less update will have to do for now.

So....I had a birthday!  Although, I think I've just about reached the point where birthdays are annual reminders of my ever fading youth.  Truly though, I do still look forward to my birthday's, mostly because my husband always has the best birthday surprises for me *squeek!* (that's an excitement girl squeel).  Things have been extremely tight this year, but my fabulous gift was a trip to the hair salon (by request).  As I may have mentioned in a previous post, I used to splurge on my hair as a single gal, and LOVED it!  Sleepless nights and no make-up/shower days are all rendered a bit more bearable when you have a fantastic color and cut, you just don't have to work as hard to look...not-dead (?) when you have a great haircut, honest to blog.  So what did I opt for?  Summer is coming and Samantha chose...highlites.  Ahhh, I have missed being blonde, but, I have returned to the fold my friends.  And the time to myself and chat with my young and hip hairdresser about her wedding was just sublime.  I was able to read girlie magazines and not worry about my children and walk away with a bombshell cut and color.  Thanks ;)  Oh yes...and now I'm 27...I'm not sure how I feel about that.

And our wonderful children, they are just so sweet.  Marin is Marin, what a strong personality she is.  I struggle each day to find the best parenting method for her.  She still needs a lot of one on one attention, but she is becoming better at independent play, which is great.  And I think she has finally figured out how to do puzzles.  For about 9 months, she has been terrible at putting them together even after Kris and I would try to teach and explain to her, but the other day, I think it finally clicked.  She put three together by herself and kept shouting, "I DID IT!!" every 7 seconds, it was really cute!

Owen is such a sweet little boy, I just love my son!  He starts off our day with big smiles and coo's, ah, it just melts my heart.  And he is such a snuggle bug!  I know I should be grooming him to not need to be held to relax and fall asleep, but he loves his mommy and settles right down with a happy sigh as soon as he's in my arms.  He is fairly consistent during the day and still eats every 2 hours, and at night we put him down at 8pm and he'll wake up around 3am and 7am, and be up for the day at 8am.  So, I'm at least able to get a bit more sleep.  Owen weighed in at 14 pounds on the money the other day for 11 weeks and measured almost 24 inches, he's a big guy! 

We are excited that summer and drier weather is on it's way here in Portland so we can do some family stuff again, it's been a long, rainy winter, blah!  And, cross your fingers that our blasted camera shows up!

2 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Well, a Happy Birthday to you!!!! :) Hope your camera turns up soon.

Valerie said...

Happy belated birthday to you! Glad it was fun for you. I don't like anything about my birthdays, but love to celebrate other people's. :)

Your daughter sounds like mine with her strong personality and demanding one-on-one attention. But mine is 8 and I'm not sure if it'll get better hehe Sure hope so.