Monday, February 7, 2011

Soooo Close

Perhaps I should offer a little update on Little Lyman's progress!  Saturday I had quite a few very strong Braxton-Hicks contractions, so we did quite a bit of walking that day to encourage things along.  I also reached the precipice of my seasonal bronchitis cough, and had a terrible coughing spell in Target that threw my left ribs into a tizzy.  I felt like I had a broken rib Saturday night and Sunday, ouch!  Sunday I stayed home to rest and sleep off my cough and that night had some more pretty strong Braxton-Hicks.  Today, I had my appt with the nurse practitioner, and she told me I was at 4cm!  All her other 'checks' were good news and she said things should be happening very soon.  I can't tell you how encouraged I was by this!  Granted, baby will come when he's ready, but I feel it's close.  And she said that things could go very quickly for me this time, so be on top of what's happening during labor to avoid a close call!  

With all of this in mind, we are going to be tying up some loose ends around the house and packing the cooler with snacks etc., so we can be as ready as possible.  We are very excited to meet our little son!!  

And, still waiting for our computer charger for the other laptop, so hang in there a little longer for pictures!

1 comment:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Awh!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait for him to be born... baby pictures... awh. When you're up to it, let's Skype for introductions with baby boy!