Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ready, Set, GO!

Phew!  The week is over?!  How quickly the week has passed, and this weekend was no exception, we tried to make the most of it and be productive, and I think we did just that!  Of course, we can never really sleep in anymore, this kind of happens apparently after you have children, but we started our day off right away and got to work.  Here are some pictures of our projects yesterday:

Kris worked on painting the kitchen, such a great hubby, he is so dedicated :)


I worked on painting our kitchen table.  It's dry now, so I just need to add the black detailing and put a layer of polyurethane on the top to seal it.  Then it needs to dry and will be finished!!  I can't wait to see how the finished project looks!

I also sanded and painted some pieces of scrap wood I had bought at the HD for 50 cents each, these I mounted on the wall in the kitchen for some shelves, which, I don't have pictures of right now.

I measured and marked some pieces of particle board for some other shelves I want to put in the bathroom after I paint them.

And our little helper, of course!  Daddy dressed her in a red turtleneck from grandma and some overalls from Bestemor.  Mommy put her in piggy tails and she was the cutest helper, EVER!  Such a sweet girl.

Look at the sweet face, she is just so pretty!

The only thing that would have made this picture any better was if she didn't have a chewed up cracker in her mouth!

And since our kitchen table is out of commission temporarily, we have been dining on Marin's little white table sitting on the floor.  It's good for me anyway, I am supposed to be sitting on the floor, cross-legged, as much as possible to get me ready for delivery ;)

After we finished our projects for the day, we went out to a tree farm and found ourselves a cute little Christmas tree and started to decorate.  Marin is finally old enough to really help this year and loved making the tree "Soooo prettttty!!".

She has learned to take the ornament, spread the loop and put it on the "brown part" of the tree, she did so well!

And this evening, after some cereal, daddy was making nacho's and gave Marin some olives, which she loves.  Of course, she loves it even more having the olives on her fingers, and daddy is ever so happy to oblige.

What a pretty little girl, she makes me so happy to be a mama.

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to get some projects done this weekend, I feel so much better getting things ready for our little boy, who is coming in 68 days (or less!).  After Christmas I will get our baby gear down and cleaned and set up, yikes!  We are so excited to be bringing our little one into a happy home and can I say I am excited for delivery?  I feel so much more prepared this time around and I am so happy Kris has taken on the challenge to be my birth coach.  We are preparing for a Bradley husband coached childbirth and considering how delivery went last time, this time can only be better. 

We have a busy week coming up, so hopefully I can catch some snapshots for you all!

No comments: