Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy Two Years Miss Marin!

This morning I tossed and turned in bed, and finally sat up, rubbing my eyes and pondering why in the world I was up so early!  Then, I glanced at the clock: 0731...hmmm.  Ahhhh, yes *sigh*, I remembered now.  Two years ago at 0727 in the morning I delivered the most beautiful bundle of joy my eyes have ever seen.  Our sweet little Marin entered the world and made Kristoffer and I the proud parents of a 7 pound 4 ounce 20 inch long miracle.  I can scarce believe my little one is two today!  But, here we are, and celebrate we will!  We are certainly in a tight spot to throw a giant bash, but we will hopefully take a trip to a petting zoo, and come home for some mac and cheese (a favorite), some cupcakes, and presents. 

Marin has grown so much these past two years, and in the last 4 months, it has been amazing to listen to her vocabulary explode!  She speaks in sometimes 5 word sentences (most usually 3-4 words), and everyone is always impressed at the amount of words she knows for being just two!

And last night, we had a breakthrough, a triumph leaving mama stunned and happy and sad, all in the same moment.  My little girl tinkled on the potty for the first time EVER!  It was right before her bath and Kris had placed her on the toilet, and asked me to watch her while he ran downstairs, and then we heard it.....the tinkle!  And she looked at us with a blank stare until we erupted into a shower of praise and kisses, and then her smile has ear to ear.  We had more success this morning too!  Amazing!! 

Here is our sweet Marin Elise in her jammies this morning after pancakes.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

It is SO crazy how fast they grow. I can't believe she is 2 already! Mine is growing my leaps and bounds also. I'm figuring out that this is why people have more babies!