Thursday, July 23, 2009

Struggling to Balance

There are moments, such as tonight, when a wife, such as myself, just doesn't know what to do. When her husband comes home an hour late from a bad day at work and finds out he needs to be home teaching. . . 5 minutes ago from a message left on his phone. . . . 10 minutes ago. And he needs to be at the employment center in 30 minutes for 2 hours so he can come home and spend 10 minutes eating and another 2 hours doing homework, before he crawls into bed next to a frustrated and guilty-for-feeling-that-way wife. Where do I even begin? Even now just writing this I have such sympathy for my guy that it brings tears to my eyes, and wondering how much of my husband I can sacrifice before I have the right to get upset, and what kind of awife am I if I DO get upset when I know he is working so hard. So, as I vent my sad frustration, I wonder how we are going to get through the next 16 months of school. I am trying so hard to find that balance that so many couples have, and GRRRRR! I just can't find it!

Marin seems to be coloring in her new library books with a ballpoint pen, so I need to end my sad little housewife epithet and put the child to bed :)

No comments: