Saturday, August 16, 2008

today, should be the day. . .

Today is supposed to be the big day! I am 40 weeks today and my baby is due NOW! However, she is not here yet, and seems to be still very comfortable hanging out in mama's belly. I am getting a little frustrated (to say the least) and nervous too. Nervous because Tuesday is our baby doctor's appt, and when we go, I know he's going to start talking about getting this baby out. Which, yes, is good, but I have a feeling he's going to want to induce me (via drugs) and that just isn't part of the birthing experience I want. So, I am nervous. I want to have a natural delivery (all other moms can laugh at the novice, it's ok, you're right, I may not know what I'm getting myself into), and with the pitocin (the inducing drug of choice) it's highly unlikely I will be able to pull that off. The pitocin doesn't allow for breaks between contractions, they almost just keep going and going, and with regular non induced delivery, you have your contraction, and a break (however small, it's still there). So, being induced, I wouldn't really have much of a choice, my body would exhaust itself without the drugs. I don't know. I guess I'm getting all worked up. Things will work out right?

Kris and I went to the gym this evening and I walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes. That's right, 45 minutes. However slow I may have been, it was 45 minutes of effort to try and get this baby out. Ahh well, we had some Subway for dinner and picked up stuff to make smoothies with tonight! Yay! I love smoothies. Hopefully they will turn out well. :)

No comments: