Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Froggy Blanket

Owen has fuzzy froggy blanket.  He's had it since he was a tiny baby.  He loves it with all his heart.  

This, is froggy blanket.  I don't remember who gave him to us, but it was a gift for Owen and I thought it was just so sweet.  Marin had a similar blanket-item that was a little stuffed fairy on top, and soft fuzzy blanket on the bottom.  I used it to cover up her baby monitor, and I did the same with this froggy blanket.  We had already found a different cute stuffed frog for Owen, and we gave it to him at bedtime, but every morning, I found that he had crawled to the bottom of the crib and pulled this froggy blanket off of the baby monitor.  I resisted for a few weeks and kept putting it back where I thought it "belonged".  Finally, I realized that my little Owen just loved his froggy blanket, and gave it to him for naps and bedtime.  He doesn't nap or sleep without his fuzzy froggy friend.

He hugs it and chews it and sucks it.  He rubs it all over his face and shakes it.  He snuggles it and loves it and it makes my mama-heart smile.

 Biting the froggy blanket.
 Poor guy and his bruised little forehead!

 I just love my froggyy blanket, mama!
I hope it stays in good-enough condition so I can give it to him when he's old and grown-up and remind him of how much he loved it!  Heck, I still have my teddy bear, Fred!

2 comments:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Ohhh, so sweet! My kids had/have their favorite blankets too, both hashed. I washed them regularly though, to keep them from getting gunky. :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Awe, he is so cute!! And the blanket is adorable. :)