Monday, November 23, 2009

Why I Like Sappy Love Movies

I have determined, after 3 years of marriage, 1 cat, 1 baby and 1 dog, that marriage is hard. It requires a lot of patience, talking and compromise, and occasionally, a reminder of why we fell in love. As many couples who have been married even longer may be able to attest, after a while, you get.....comfortable in the realtionship you have with your spouse. This can be a blessing and a curse all at the same time. The comfort and deep love you craved at the beginning and now have, makes you desire the excitement and passion you had at the beginning of your marriage. Ahh the eternal marital conundrum, this little problem leads many marriages to the grave and leaves spouses....alone. THIS....is why I have finally admitted to myself before God and his witnesses, that I like sappy love movies. While I love my husband more now than ever, it's great to have a reminder of those feelings I had for him when we first met, and sappy love movies are GREAT for that. I also get to watch all of the reasons my husband is amazing, those things that maybe I forget about on a day to day basis. And finally, I get to realize all over again that I am LIVING my own sappy love movie! I have the romantic "how-we-met" story, I have the amazing honeymoon story, I have the star-struck first year story, the Big-Move story, the baby-makes-three story, and so many more! It's easy to get caught up in the here and now, which may not seem very romantic, but those sappy love movies, they help me remember what I have. I have a memory closet chock full of the most amazing chapters of the greatest love story ever....mine :)

No comments: