Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Web Log

When I started this blog a little over two years ago (wow, two years!), it was for the sole intention to keep our families in touch with our soon-to-arrive Marin. At the time, it seemed like a good solution to the many miles separating all of us. It was only for this reason that I overcame my trepidation of becoming one of those scrapbooking/blogging/craftmaking mormon wives, and so I bit the bullet and started to type.

At the beginning, I had no clue what I was doing really, and so I kept typing and loading pictures and wondering if anyone was really reading what I wrote. Then something happened. Something that made me come to appreciate my 12 inch wide array of alphabetical keys. I started to experience life as a new, stressed out mother. As most new mothers, I was scrambling to find balance and control in my newly-chaotic life/brain, and I found myself looking forward to the moments when I could sit down and type in my blog. The good, the bad, the ugly....typing helped me to process my day or week and find a sense of accomplishment after reading of our triumphs as a family. "Blogging" had turned into what it really is, a "web log", and although at the moment, I couldn't quite put my finger on it, I had come to find....satisfaction. Who knew! As a disgraceful journal keeper, I hadn't even imagined that keeping an online "journal" would amount to so much. I had found an outlet for my emotions.

Over the last two years, my posting has changed quite a bit to now include not just the happy and exciting front page of our life story, but also the intense and perhaps sober pages that follow. I find that I absorb so much more satisfaction as I go back through and read through our triumphs over the hard times than only the good times. Besides, we have a name to live up to! There is nothing extraordinary about only eperiencing smiles and sunshine :)

This blog has helped me to channel life's positive and negative energy in a good way, so I can process my day, my week, my month and move on. While I may post some entries that seem a bit droll and down-heartened, I need that blessed time alone with my keyboard and my thoughts to fill a teeny tiny void in the vast space called the internet.

I am in love with my family. My husband is one of the strongest men I know and he keeps me centered and waiting for Sunday mornings with him. I have learned a lot about what it takes to keep a marriage strong since he has been in school and I pray every day I can be a better wife and a better suport for him. My baby girl is the sweetest thing. She teaches me to be kind and of course, patient. I have never been a more grateful mess than I am now being her mommy. I love, love, love my family, and it's through reading back over my little web log, I can see our progress as a family, into eternity.

No comments: