Monday, January 26, 2009

The Paris Fund

The other day I decided to start. . . again. It has always been my dream to go to Paris, and it seems like life just keeps, getting in the way. Finishing school, having no money, moving, having no money, paying off debt, having no money, having a baby. . . having no money. It all adds up, or rather, adds up in someone eses bank account. So, I told Kris that I was going to start putting money aside for our trip to Paris. 5$ a week! Hey, don't laugh! I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's really all we can afford for the moment. I swear, I'm really a Parisian at heart, the romance of even just the idea makes me smile with anticipation. So, into the account our little bundle of green joy goes to grow and grow, and someday, take us to Paris :)

Marin was up very early this morning. Ugh! I fed her at 5:30 and she was ready to go for the day. Mama, however, was NOT ready to go for the day. I put monkey back in her crib and let her squak for a while. When I took her out at 7:30, she looked sooo tired still. So we got dressed and had some cereal and she went back down for a 2 hour nap. Stinker. I was jealous! I wanted a nap, but I had laundry to do :(

Tomorrow is baby watching day, and then Wednesday. . . Wednesday night Kris and I have a date! Wow! Now, we did go the temple once in Salt Lake, but this is a real, honest to goodness dinner-and-a-movie kind of date! Our first in a loooonnnggg time. It will be good. I need time away from my baby, as much as I love her, I need some alone time with my husband. A relationship really takes a backseat when you have a new baby, and she's not so new anymore, so I think it's time to get back to focusing on my marriage a little more, with a new perspective for both us :)

And, I think that's it! Pictures!

Happy little girl, standing with mama's help.

Hooray for strong legs! She loooves to stand, and look how grown up she looks in this picture! Her face is starting to mature.
Cute smile, big blue eyes, and a large fuzzy noggin :) Do babies come any cuter?!



Total candid shot. Oh, she makes me laugh.



Photo shoot with mama. She may not like to cuddle, but she like to be held with short bursts of snuggling and lots of kisses and nuzzling and she really likes it when mama makes funny noises at her. My little sweetheart!

She was focused more on the camera string in this picture, wanting to grab it and stuff it in her mouth, yum!

Kristoffer and I after church on Sunday. I actually found this diamond in the rough dress at DI for 3$. Yeah! looks super nice on me too ;) Not that you can see it, but, trust me!

No comments: