Monday, August 23, 2010

Growing Belly!

I've had some requests for pictures of my growing belly, so here are a few we took last night.  It was very late and I was a very tired mama, so if I look sleepy, it's because it's 10:30 at night!  15 weeks today and counting, crazy!!
I do have some pictures of Marin's birthday I need to post and catch up with, it seems that sometimes the day's just slip by somehow, and although I have the best intentions to blog during Marin' naptime, I am either ferociously doing dishes and cleaning in her absence, or I end up falling asleep myself, haha!  I have been much more tired with this pregnancy, and I attribute this to running after my sweet little two year old all day, it is not an easy task!  She keeps me busy.

I have been trying to be so diligent with my workouts too.  I am determined to stay more fit with this baby, and Marin and I walk to the park most days and I will try and run two laps around the outside (about half a mile total), and then while Marin plays, I juggle playing with her and doing strength training (calfs, leg lifts, biceps, triceps).  Some days I don't have the energy to run, but I always to the strength training.  My weight gain so far:  8 pounds.  About 2 more pounds than my target, but at least it's not more.  I just need to stay on track!  I am hoping not to gain more than 30 pounds this time around, although I would be ok with 35 being my top weight.  Anything is better than that shameful 53 pounds from before, ugh, I cringe just thinking about it!! 

If I haven't already mentioned in my blog, I accepted a calling as the Laurel Advisor in our new ward.  I know, right?  This makes 4 times in a row I have been called into the YW, and I was realizing on Sunday that I have been with they YW for a total of 6 years!!  Is that not crazy?  My first calling with them I was a tender, 20 year old college student, and here I am, 6 years later, still hanging out with some amazing girls.  I LOVE YW, it is such an important program for the roughest part of life for these young girls.  I don't know where I would be without the love and support I had from my leaders growing up, they meant the world to me.

So, I will try and post Marin's birthday pics very very soon!

1 comment:

Mrs. Carter said...

You look so cute! And small :) So exciting! In young womens again, so fun! They are lucky to have you, our girls still talk about you all the time (last week it was about your yummy bread you taught them to make). Can't wait to find out what you're having! Glad all is well.