Monday, April 19, 2010

This and That

Such a mish-mash of items to blog about, where do I even start?  Well, let's start with the obvious fact that we are in a Single Digit Countdown!  Paris is 9 days away and I can't believe it is so close!  As excitecd as I am, I am also getting apprehensive about being so far away for so long from my little girl, she means the world to me!  But, she will be in good hands and Kris and I will have an incredible secon honeymoon in Paris, the city of love, then be off to visit some family in Norway and Sweden, no better way to end a trip :)

After a wonderful, accidental 2 weeks off of work, I return this week...:(  I can't tell you how sad this makes me, I have loved every minute of being home with Marin.  All good things must come to an end I suppose.

On Saturday, Kris was playing a very long round of golf in Mesquite with his friend, BJ, so Marin and I had the day to ourselves....hmmmm, what to do, what to do?  I finally resolved to take Marin to the Las Vegas Zoo (betcha didn't know we had one, eh?!).  I was a bit nervous as Kris and I had tried to go once before and we couldn't find the blasted place, but off we went and found it we did!  Now, lest you get excited for zoo pictures, let me cover some little details.....First:  well, I just forgot the camera, oooops;  Second:  the Las Vegas Zoo is an extremely sad and depressing place.  Yes, it's true, it is truly a very sad zoo, the saddest you might ever see.  The cages are a bit on the small side, the animals all look depressed, the fishwater stank.  I felt so bad because I could tell they wanted to spruce the place up...there were signs everywhere stating that ALL proceeds from the gift/snack shop went directly to the animals, etc...but it was a bit depressing.  We stayed for a little over an hour, and Marin succumbed to naptime, so we went home.

Yesterday was Stake Conference...which we missed most of.  Marin was having one of her mornings, so we were late, and in the hall, then finally gave up and went home. This weekend however, I did make some pretty yummy dishes: pastitsio, a greek-ish version of lasagna and honey orange chicken with ginger rice noodles....mmmmm, our fridge is full of leftovers!

Today, Marin and I will be off to the gym, then home for lunch and naps.  I am posting another pic to the 72 Hour Kit page, so check it out!


No comments: