Monday, April 11, 2011

You know, if you asked me... (Part 4)

....I would say yes.

Kristoffer and I talked about marriage before he proposed (as all couples SHOULD!), and with any young girl, one thing came to mind when thinking about a marriage proposal....the RING!  I am not a buy-me-jewelry-because-I'm-a-girl...kind of girl, trust me, but I knew that the ring he chose was the ring I was going to be stuck with for the rest of my life.  So instead of letting him choose a ring and then telling him "I don't like it, let's exchange it while I hurt your feelings even more by pinching your ear".  I made things easy for him.  I went online and found 5 or 6 pictures of ring styles that I really liked, and told him "Hey babe, I found some pretty rings....".  Enough said.  This a picture of my ring.

And how did my uber-romantical husband propose?  He took me to the top of the mountain at Snow Bird ski resort in Utah on a beautiful, sunny day in May.  And at 13,500 feet as he knelt in the melting slush and we both slowly slid down the side of the mountain, he told me I was the most amazing and beautiful woman he had met and asked if I would be his wife.  I truly wish I had pictures of that day!  Now, although being the intuitive lady that I am, I knew what was going on before-hand, but that didn't change the fact that I was on cloud 9 the entire ride down the tram and car trip home!  I really was in another world!

2 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

So sweet! And your ring is gorgeous!!!!! Love it. :)

Valerie said...

Loved getting to know you more and read your love story! Beautiful ring.
My stake president and a few of my friends are trying to get me to try online dating. Maybe one of these days... :) Glad it worked for you two!!