Saturday, May 26, 2012

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

Daddy bought Marin a little kite a few weeks ago, and we've been waiting for a nice windy day to try it out.  It wasn't as windy as we were hoping, but there was enough to tease a few laughs out of us all.


There was a doggie there as soon as we got to the park, and Owen made a bee-line right for him saying "Dahhhg, daahg!".
 Setting up the string.
 Getting ready to run!
 Owen was having fun just running around on the biiiiig field.
 I love this picture.  Marin does not pose well for the camera, so when I can get a completely candid gleeful smile shot, it it just sooo precious!
 A moment of wind!  Marin spent most of the time running with the kite behind just to keep it up in the air.  She ran mostly in circles with the string slack, so that didn't work...then I told her to just keep running straight, and she about ran off the sloped side of the field.  It was pretty cute.
 Hey handsome boy!
 Swoon!  I love this adorable shot of my completely handsome young man, he melts my heart.
 I couldn't resist.  Marin got her feet all tangled in the kite tails and was having a little frustrated moment.
 Daddy to the rescue, as usual!
Perhaps next time we'll have a little more wind!

1 comment:

Austin Stevenson Owens said...

Soooooo cute!! And did you hear Tabitha made your turkey burgers and avocado slaw?? I heard it was amazing!