Friday, September 30, 2011

New York Trip- Odds and Ends

Haha, are you all overwhelmed by the New York pictures yet?!  No?  Good, me neither!  I had a fantastic time and still have a few pictures left to share and remember. 

Me, and my good friends Laurena and Rebecca.  We grew up together in church and I love going back to see them every time I'm in NY.  Laurena just had her first baby in June, a little boy, and he is just so sweet.  Rebecca has a 5 (?) year old son and a 1 year old little girl.  And if you are looking at Marin's discolored face...no, I don't beat my child!  Marin had a run in with a red marker on her forehead and some delicious blueberry sauce on her cheeks ;)

 We went to the local apple festival, so Marin was able to do a few little crafty things at a "Free" tent.
 Having her face painted!
 She chose balloons.
 She was a sleeeeepy girl.
 Sleeeeepy boy.  He fell asleep before we even got out of the parking lot.
 My old seminary teachers wife.  Doug Darling, my seminary teacher passed away recently, so I was thrilled I was able to see her at the Apple Fest!
 And my daddy made some apple pie...mmmmm.
 I went to visit my friend LeAnn, and Marin and her daughter were playing in their canoe.
 My friend LeAnn.  I have such wonderful memories with her, talking, playing tennis, her wedding and reception, the birth of her first baby (7 years ago!!!).  She was the one who turned me on to natural childbirth and has been an incredible encouragement.  Here, she holds her youngest.
 And her three other children with Marin.  Sydney, the eldest is 7...I held her when she was born, wow...really feeling old right now....
 Owen playing with grandpa.  He LOVED playing with grandpa.
 A few pictures of what I see every time I go home.  My road, our house is just around the bend to the left.
 The wildflowers by the side of the road I would ride the bus down every morning for school.
 There is nothing that compares to the rolling hills of Upstate New York.  There is such soft, vintage beauty that resounds a gentle peacefulness, especially in the fall when the leaves change.  Just so calm and lovely.  This is a view from my road.
 And back up the other road to where they meet at the precipice and curve around the bend.
 Whoops!  One last shot of little Owen, getting into grandma's lazy susan.  He LOVED that walker and would trot himself to where he wanted to go...and the lazy susan was a favorite of course.
I am so grateful I had the chance to go home.  It was wonderful that my children were able to spend time with my parents, and since they are so far away, it really means so much to me.  Thankfully, Marin and Owen were WONDERFUL on the flight out and back.  We had unbelieveable luck in having an empty seat in our row BOTH out and back which was perfect for sleepy children.  I did dose Owen up with Benadryl however, and that seemed to help!  I also made sure I was prepared...we had a portable DVD player for Marin with ALL of her DVD's and headphones, juice, snacks, new small toys to hold her interest, and I did keep her in a diaper for the whole trip...HUGE help.  Owen had some Benadryl and I also took Tylenol, his long blanket for nursing and naps, binkies, toys, books.  And it was all in a big old backpack!  I had a front carrier for Owen and an umbrella stroller for whoever needed a seat.  It was really a great trip out and back, so thanks for sending me your good thoughts, and prayers, it helped!!!

No comments: