Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New York Trip-The Zoo

"We're goin' to the zoo, zoo, zoo...how about you, you, you...you can come too, too, too, we're goin' to the zoo, zoo, zoo....."-for any fellow Raffi listeners out there.

So, as you can guess, we went to the zoo!  A zoo is a great option for kids, and let me tell you why.  Your children can run run run, the animals are all in cages, snacking is allowed anywhere, the kids get so excited over looking at animals, you get great pictures...not to mention great kudos for doing something so          super-tastic with your children, and then, they fall asleep in the car on the way home...oh yeah!

So, a picture is worth a thousand words, so I guess I will let these pictures do most of the talking then!

Owen and grandpa
 Hey smiley guy!
 Marin and cousin Lydia, my sister Tabitha's little girl.

 Feeding those greedy little goats.

 Classic Marin face.
 Marin was pretty sure she didn't want goats eating out of her hand, so she generously offered the entire cup of goat food and tried to get down.
 And what did one goat desire for lunch?  MY SHIRT!  Uh, yeah!  I felt a little tugging on my shirt and noticed a goat was starting to chow down on my attire!  Luckily I caught it in time, so no harm done.  He would have been one sad goat......
 Happy little lemurs.

 I just thought this snake was cool.
 Lovely leopard.


 You may not be able to see, but there is a baby joey hanging out of mama wallaby's pouch there, he was nibbling on some grass, so cute!
 Get a load of this finely whiskered creature, he has quite the moustache!
 Owen complaining about his sleeping quarters.
 Aaaaand five minutes later....
 Marin and Lydia going down the slide together.  Lydia is about the cutest little thing, she is just so sweet.  They had a great time going down the slide together numerous times.
I have many more pictures to showcase, but I figured the smart way would be to break them all up into separate blog posts...I get a little bored when there are too many pictures all in one post myself, so there is more to come!  I also uncovered some childhood photos of myself this afternoon, and I'll be able to use my parent's scanner to add them to my photo archive and post them for you all to see!  I'm really kind of excited about that!

We are having lots of fun here in NY, my sister already went home today, so I'm super bummed about that.  BUT, we still have lots more to do!

No comments: