Friday, January 14, 2011

Imitation

They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery.  How true this is with a 2 1/2 year old!  Kris and I often use these little phrases around our house, mostly courtesy of Kris, I just use them to get a reaction ;)

When I ask Kris if he's done something (that I've asked him to), instead of saying "no", he will say "Not yet!", so now, of course, Marin's response to questions is "no, not yet!".  Oh dear, it makes me chuckle!

When Kris and I are teasing each other at home, often you will hear the phrase "Oh, I see how it is!" (jokingly).  Last night in the car, Marin was asking me where we were going, and I responded we were going to meet daddy at work.  Her response?  "Ohhhh, I see how it is!".  I started laughing out loud in the car, it was too funny!

Of course, this also means I have to watch my tongue, I cringed when I heard Marin, in response to something falling on the floor, say "Dangit!".  Oh dear...parenting certainly makes you aware of your faults!

No comments: