Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Pie for Daddy

Growing up, I loved to help my mom in the kitchen, especially when she was baking.  Whenever she was making a pie or some kind of pastry crust, I was right there (huh, sounds familiar...).  Mom would maker her pie and cut the scraps off and give them to me.  I, in turn, would begin creating a pie just for my dad.  A raisin pie.  I would dutifully roll my dough into a ball and flatten it with the rolling pin, then I would fill my dough with raisins...every time.  Raisins and usually some brown sugar and cinnamon, maybe some butter.  Heaven only knows what this pie actually tasted like, but my dad ate every bit...every time, and told me how delicious it was...every time.  Thanks Dad!!!  So, last week, I made an apple pie, and assisted Marin as she made her very first raisin pie for daddy.  This one was pretty basic, just raisins and crust, but Marin was thrilled to show daddy her pie that she made JUST for him, and watch him eat it and sing praises of how tasty it was.  Such a good dad :)  So, here is my eternal kitchen helper, making her raisin pie for daddy:


 I don't have a finished product picture, but you get the idea ;)

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Daddies are the best!!!