Thursday, November 11, 2010

Blessings

Latter-day Saints believe in the resurrected J...Image via Wikipedia
I have been truly blessed to have a Priesthood holder in my home.  A man who understands and honors his role as husband, father and provider.  A man who is able to bless us with the Priesthood. 



Today, after a VERY....VERY long day, I received a moment in time that will not soon be forgotten.  After waking at 3am for the usual bathroom-run, I tossed and turned until I had to be up for work at 5am.  I had very little sleep, and I could tell by looking in the mirror...half of my face was all swollen and puffy...not pretty.  I worked until 6:45pm and raced to pick up my little girl, who had yet another diaper rash and no nap...issues I thought we had previously resolved with the sitter (sensing my frustration?).  Coming home, I threw some ingredients into the breadmaker for bread and chicken into the oven to make chicken noodle soup for my hubby who had a sore throat etc. that day.  Taking my sobbing 2 year upstairs and into the shower where she continued to sob until we layed her down.  I ran to the store and back again, coming home to hear my little girl sobbing in bed and ran up to comfort her.  She clearly was not feeling well.  After multiple attempts to feed her and console her, then put her down, she continued to be be restless and toss and turn in bed, not finding a comfortable position. 

Finally, I turned to my husband and asked him to give her a father's blessing.  I pulled Marin into my chest and snuggled her while he layed his hands on her head and blessed our baby girl as she whimpered.  Just moments after finishing his blessing, Marin sunk her tired body into mine and fell asleep.  I layed there for a few minutes to ensure she was truly asleep and placed her in her own bed.

I love my husband.  I am so grateful to have him in our home.  I would be devastated if I knew the power of the Priesthood and did not have a worthy man in my home to hold it.  This moment tonight made me remember the wonderful gifts that God has placed on Earth for us.  We are never entitled to partake of these blessings if we are not worthy, and they are carefully administered by the Lord based on our faithfulness.  I am guilty of having my moments of doubt, but the Lord continues to show me He loves me in way's that are so much more important than what I ask for in my prayers.  He blesses me with what I REALLY need, not what I THINK I really need.  Apparently there is a difference!  I just had to share my experience from tonight, it made my day....all worth it. 

No comments: